Sunday, October 19, 2008

How Do I Love You, Neti Pot

Let me count the ways:
  1. You are fun to say - it feels like an exotic treatment to say, I'm going to go Neti now.  In reality though, you are really just a fancy, enhanced nose cleaner. Like a giant, wet kleenex.
  2. When my mom and brother gave you to me, Mike had to tell me how to use you. His explanation went a lot like this: "You put the nozzle that looks like a Smurf penis against one nostril and pour water in your nose. It comes out the other nostril - and you won't believe the nastiness that comes out with it!" Needless to say, it took awhile for me to become so desperate for relief that I'd put a Smurf penis anywhere near my nose.
  3. Amy Sedaris loves you, and anything good enough for Amy Sedaris is good enough for me. Conan though - he's still not convinced. You have some work to do there.
So, what started out as an annoying tickle in my throat last Sunday is now a full blown sinus infection, complete with antibiotics courtesy of my doctor.  I'm heading out on a plane tomorrow and am praying to the baby Jesus that my sinuses don't hurt the way they did on Thursday flying back from last week's work trip. 

Also, apologies to my fellow passengers on the Thursday flight. I completely realized that I was "that person" infecting you with my germy air and I did not take it at all personally that you all acted like you needed a sterile bubble separating us. But seriously, the dude sitting one row up from me who was hacking a lung into his hanky... you needed to be more worried about his germs than mine.

2 comments:

Gina Rau said...

All hail to the neti pot!

Unknown said...

we luv the smurf penis!