Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lukey-John, Patron Saint of Sleep

There's not a lot of sleep to be had here at the ol' Henderson household.  I worked until 12:30 last night and then had crazy work dreams about the shade of orange being used in an ad for pumpkins.  And I COULD NOT get the right orange and the project was going to fail and it was all my fault and AHHHHHHHHHH!  

Maybe if I said prayers before bed like I did when I was little I'd sleep better.  Every night, we'd pray to Matthew, Mark, Lukey-John to bless the beds that we laid on.  I was a little stunned to find out later in life that there were supposed to be 4 dudes looking out for me while I slept (Matthew, Mark, Luke AND John). 

I think if my sister ever gets an animal (and by animal, I mean a purse dog), Lukey-John is a good contender for a name.  Kath is really the one that hard-core had trouble with the whole Luke and John concept so we like to tease her about that. Who knew she'd grow up to be such a brainiac?  This is also the kid that used to tell everyone "don't foget your birthday" after they tucked her in for bed at night because she couldn't remember their birthdays and therefore, needed them to remember.  Lukey-John the purse dog probably won't be as beneficial to sleep as Lukey-John the bed-blesser.

Will pulled an all-nighter.  And at 7 am this morning, he went to the gym to work out with his personal trainer.  Me, not so much.  I hadn't gotten enough beauty sleep.

So now we're like the working undead.  Typing nonsense and making decisions on projects that we may live to regret. Also, I don't think this post makes too much sense.  I need more coffee.  And sleep.  And Lukey-John, can you come help me with that?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ohhh Anne - thanks so much for the shout out. I laughed so hard with Mike that I started to cry. If I do end up getting a purse dog (and nothing larger, of course) I think that Lukey-John will have to be a front-runner in the naming department. I'll call it Lil Lu for short; or Lulu if it's a girl. Y'all go ahead and get some sleep now, ya hear? :)