Thursday, September 11, 2008

It's Not You, It's Me

Dear Fall,
You know that I love you.  We had some great times last year.  And I know that I'll be able to love you the way you deserve to be loved soon.  Just not yet.

You see, I'm still holding out hope that I can work things out with Summer.  We've been seeing each other for about 3 months now and I think we have something special going on.  The warm, sunny days.  The sunsets at 8:30 pm.  The birthdays.  The happy tomato plants.  All of the horoscopes highlighting me for one glorious month.

Sure, we had a few rough patches.  I didn't appreciate the 20+ days of 90 degree heat.  But we tried to work it out and in the end and I thought our relationship was stronger for it.  I mean, I didn't think we'd end up breaking up over a few days of misery and discomfort. 

So, Fall, can you take your chilly weather and give me a few more weeks to get over Summer? Just a few more weeks, that's all I need.  Then I can love you and your colors.

-Anne


No comments: