Monday, December 29, 2008

A Rose is a Rose

I've been a Henderson now for 14 months, and I can't really say that I'm super used to the name.  I haven't figured out the spacing for the extra letters (all 4 of them) that make the name longer than my maiden name.  I've also listened as someone has called out for "Anne Henderson" only to take a moment or two before realizing that is me now.  The funny thing is, I never felt particularly attached to "Dirks" as a name until it was gone.

Having said that, I love the letter H.  I love writing it.  I love the way Anne Henderson flows - lots of n sounds to roll around.  

I'm still going through and getting my name changed on my membership forms.  I tackled 3 name changes today - one hotel membership, one airline frequent flyer membership (for Sucky Frontier, no less) and one credit card.  

For the hotel and the airline, I have to send in a formal request with a copy of the marriage certificate.  For the credit card, I had to rattle off all of the numbers associated with my life (SSN, former addresses, current address, favorite lucky number, etc.) - and that's it.  They changed my name and are sending me the new stuff immediately.  Doesn't it seem odd that the airline & hotel, which in all reality don't mean anything in the grand scheme of things, are making me jump through hoops, while the credit card/military membership couldn't have been more accommodating?


No comments: